St John’s greatest treasures are the two murals that hang on the wall behind the altar, dominating the nave. They are by German Jewish refugee artist Hans Feibusch, painted in 1951 when St John’s was restored after war-time bomb damage to become the Festival of Britain church.
But our murals, in particular the large Crucifixion, are in a perilous state with paint flaking onto the floor. We have an expert conservator lined up to start work on them and have so far raised £31,000 out of the £55,000 total costs.
Suggested amounts are £10, £25, £50, £100 or £500, anything above these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org